(WXYZ) — Pier 1 Imports is closing nearly half its 942 stores as consumers increasingly shop online for home goods. The company said last it is closing up to 450 stores and will also shutter distribution centers.
Pier 1 also plans layoffs at its corporate headquarters in Fort Worth, Texas. The company didn't say how many workers will be impacted.
Pier 1 said sales in its most recent quarter fell 13% to $358 million as store traffic fell. The company reported a net loss of $59 million for the quarter, which ended Nov. 30.
Business Insider has a reported list of the store closures, as the company said stores no longer are its website are closing.
In Michigan, that means six stores.
– Holland - 2308 North Park Dr.
– Royal Oak - 31800 Woodward Ave.
– Comstock Park - 3909 Alpine Ave. NW
– Lansing - 647 N. Market Place Blvd.
– Marquette - 3155 US Highway 41
– Allen Park - 3200 Fairlane Dr.