A proposal that aimed to make registering to vote easier among other things passed during the Midterm elections on Tuesday.
- Proposal 1 passes in Michigan legalizing recreational marijuana, ABC projects
- Proposal 2 passes creating an independent redistricting commission
Proposal 3 had several aspects to it. Those include:
- Automatically registering people when they apply for, update or renew a driver’s license
- Allow people to register to vote with proof of residency and obtain a ballot during the 2-week period prior to an election
- Obtain an absentee ballot without providing a reason
- Allow straight-ticket voting during a partisan general election
Proposal 3 will go into effect next year.