The annual Detroit Free Press/Talmer Bank Marathon is happening today, and we have all of the information you need to know if you're running or watching the event.
Beginning at 7 a.m., runners in the marathon, international half-marathon run/walk and marathon relay will step off on Lafayette. The U.S.-only half-marathon steps off at 10:30 a.m.
There are a list of different places people can park at for the marathon. Some of the lots are free while others have negotiated discounted rates.
- MGM Grand Casino & Hotel - No charge
- Ford Underground Garage - $10 until 8 a.m.
- Premier Underground Garage - $10 until 8 a.m.
- Grand Circus Underground Garage - $10 until 8 a.m.
- Olympia Parking Lot G (501 Park Ave.) - $5 until 9 a.m.
- Olympia Parking Lot T (120 W. Montcalm) - $5 until 9 a.m.
- Olympia Parking Lot C (143 W. Montcalm) - $5 until 9 a.m.
- Olympia Parking Lot E (101 W. Columbia) - $5 until 9 a.m.
- Olympia Parking Fox Theatre - $5 until 9 a.m.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Bricktown Garage - Free
- Chene Lot - Free
- Cobo Center Washington Garage - $10
The people mover will also have extended hours, with it running on Sunday beginning at 5 a.m. The closest stops to the start/finish line is the Fort-Cass station, and the cost is $.75 each way.
For more parking information, visit freepmarathon.com.
There are also many road closures during the marathon. The main closures being the Detroit-Windsor Tunnel from 6:45 a.m. to 10 a.m. and the Lodge at I-75 around 3 a.m. The Ambassador Bridge will also have restricted traffic from 5:45 a.m. to 10 a.m.
For the entire list of road closures, including closures for the 5K on Saturday, click here. For a live traffic map, visit wxyz.com/traffic.
Other road closures include:
- W. Fort St. from Griswold to 1st St. - 12 a.m.-2 a.m.
- 1st St. from Congress to Lafayette - 12 a.m.-2 a.m.
- W Fort St. from Griswold to 2nd St. - 2 a.m.-4p.m.
- Griswold from Michigan to Larned - 4 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Shelby from Michigan to Cognress - 2 a.m.-6 p.m.
- Washington from Michigan to Larned - 2 a.m.-7 a.m.
- Washington from Michigan to Congress - 2 a.m.-6 p.m.
- 1st St. north of Lafayette to Congress - 2 a.m.-6 p.m.
- I-75 NB "Bridge to Canada" exit - 5 a.m.-9 a.m.
- Fort St. from Clark to Grand Blvd. - 5 a.m.-8:30 a.m.
- Lodge Freeway, southbound ramps to Baley, Howard, Joe Louis Parking/Jefferson and Larned & I-75 NB & SB ramps to Lodge - 4 a.m.-8:30 a.m.
- Lodge Freeway ramp to Larned, Cobo Center - 5 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Lodge Freeway south, south of I75 to Howard St. ramp - 8:30 a.m.-10:45 a.m.
- Lodge Northbound at westbound ramp to Jefferson - 5 a.m.-11 a.m.
- I-375 service drive from Lafayette to Congress - 6 a.m.-11 a.m.
- I-375 south to Jefferson Ave. exits - 6 a.m.-2:30 p.m.
- Congress from Griswold to Rivard - 4 a.m.-11 a.m.
- Congress form Griswold to Randolph - 4 a.m.-2:30 p.m.
- EB Jefferson between Seyburn and Burns
- WB Jefferson between McClellan and Mt. Elliott - 6 a.m.-2:30 p.m.
- Jefferson from Mt. Elliott to Rivard - 6 a.m.-2:30 p.m.
- Jefferson from Rivard to I-375 - 6 a.m.- 2:30 p.m.
- Belle Isle State Park - 7:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m.
For more information about the Free Press/Talmer Bank Marathon, visit freepmarathon.com.