The city of Detroit has announced the road closures and parking information for Thanksgiving. Events on Thanksgiving include the Turkey Trot in the morning, followed by America's Thanksgiving Day Parade and ending with the Detroit Lions game.
- Woodward Ave. will close completely from W. Grand Blvd. to Warren from 5 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 23 until 2 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 24.
- Woodward Ave. from Warren to Jefferson will close at 2 a.m. Thursday, Nov. 24 until the conclusion of the parade
The streets will have limited access beginning at 12 p.m. on Wednesday, Nov. 23
- Amsterdam/Piquette from Cass to John R
- Harper from Cass to John R
- Palmer from Cass to John R
- Ferry from Cass to John R
- Farnsworth/Putnam from Cass to John R
These streets will be closed beginning at 5 a.m. on Thursday, Nov. 24
- Michigan at Cass
- Fort St. from Trumbull to Woodward
- Congress from Shelby to Randolph
- Larned from Shelby to Randolph
- Michigan from Cass to Woodward
- Monroe from Woodward to Randolph
- Lafayette from Trumbull to Griswold
- Washington from Adams to Congress
- Atwater from Civic Center Dr. to Third
Most of the streets, including Michigan Ave. and Washington Blvd. will reopen after the Turkey Trot at 10 a.m.
The southbound Lodge exits at W. Jeferson/Cobo and Larned streets and northbound Lodge exit at W. Jefferson will be closed during the entire Turkey Trot.
The Detroit People Mover will also run for free on Thanksgiving Day, and run from 6 a.m. to 7 p.m. with all 13 stations open. The closest stations to the parade route are Grand Circus Park, Broadway and Cadillac.
The Detroit Municipal Parking Department recommends four different parking facilities if you are attending the Lions game, Turkey Trot or parade.
- Ford Underground Garage, 30 E. Jefferson Ave. Open 5 a.m. to 6 p.m. - $10
- Millennium Garage, 423 W. Congress. Open 24 hours - $10
- Grand Circus Park Garage, 1600 Woodward Ave. - $20
- Premier Underground Garage, 12016 Woodward Ave. - $10
Also, the city is reminding parents that lost children can be found at the Detroit Police Department Downtown Services building located at 20 Atwater St. or by calling 313-237-2850 or 313-237-2828.