Crews investigate possible carbon monoxide leak at hotel in Warren

Posted at 4:37 PM, Jul 25, 2016
and last updated 2016-07-25 18:38:35-04

Fire crews are on scene investigating a possible carbon monoxide leak at the Hawthorn Suites in Warren.

Police say a couple in their 60s from Colorado and their dog were found unconscious in their room. They were taken to the hospital.

They are currently being treated in an oxygen chamber at the hospital, and sources tell 7 Action News they have high CO levels.

A cleaning crew found the couple, who had an extended stay at the hotel.

Authorities have evacuated the hotel while they search for the source of the problem.

The hotel is located off Civic Center Dr. and Van Dyke Ave.