Firefighters worked to contain flames at The Oaks Apartments in Oak Park Monday night.
We're told a grease fire got out of control around 8 p.m. on Briar Street.
The fire destroyed several apartments. Thankfully, residents were able to get out of the building.
One resident, who said her husband was at the hospital getting treatment for smoke inhalation, told us her apartment was destroyed and some of her cats are still missing.
Cell phone video of the fire showed intense flames shooting from a first floor apartment.
This morning, investigators plan to return with apartment managers to check the structural integrity of the building.