You could say there's something for everyone on the lineup for the 2016 Arts, Beats and Eats festival that returns to downtown Royal Oak on Labor Day weekend.
The festival runs Friday, September 2nd through Monday, September 5th. Bands scheduled to take the main Arts, Beats and Eats stage include:
- Joan Jett & the Blackhearts - You know... "I don't give a damn about my reputation."
- Laith Al Saadi - The Ann Arbor guy who recently competed on TV's "The Voice."
- JR. JR. - These hometown indie rockers are a ton of fun and have made it big outside of Michigan. You might recall their previous band name: Dale Earnhardt Jr. Jr.
- Buckcherry - These rockers were 1990s favorites.
- Our Lady Peace - Canadian alt-rockers with a big local following in the 1990s and 2000s.
- Ohio Players - You know these guys! Their songs "Love Rollercoaster" and "Fire" are 1970s funk staples. This will be a fun show.
- Three Dog Night - You know this one, too... "Mama told me not to come."
- Gavin DeGraw - A singer-songwriter whose "I don't want to be," made it big.
- And there are many, many more.
You can view the complete schedule of music for the 2016 Arts, Beats & Eats festival here.
There are a number of stages at the festival and you'll find bands that are nationally famous and local hits. There are country acts, rock bands and world music groups.