Several district courts in Wayne County have announced an amnesty program for unpaid tickets and other court fees during the end of March and continuing on through April.
The program will help individuals settle their old court financial obligations while saving money.
It begins today and will run until Friday, April 29. Eligibility may vary by the location, so anyone interested in the program should contact the local district court where they received the ticket.
The one-time program is to help the backlog at the courts. "Once free from the backlog, the courts will continue to move more aggressively to enforce and collect on unpaid tickets, including all penalties and late fees," according to a release. All payments must be cash, certified check, money order or credit card.
You can see a list of the courts, and the phone numbers blow.
- 19th District Court (Dearborn) - 313-943-2060
- 20th District Court (Dearborn Heights) - 313-277-7480
- 22nd District Court (Inkster) - 313-277-8200
- 24th District Court (Allen Park) - 313-928-0535
- 25th District Court (Lincoln Park) - 313-382-8503, option 1
- 27th District Court (Wyandotte/Riverview) - 313-324-4475
- 28th District Court (Southgate) - 734-258-3068
- 29th District Court (Wayne) - 734-722-5220
- 32A District Court (Harper Woods) - 313-343-2590
- Grosse Pointe Municipal Court - 313-822-3535