ST. CLAIR SHORES, Mich. (WXYZ) — It's Wednesday! Are you ready for Restaurant Report Card? This week we sail on over to St. Clair Shores, where there are scores to spots of grade-A bites.
Making your way to the nautical mile with so many reasons to smile – sitting sail or taking a seat at one of the multiple places to eat.
Let's see what's going on at Cedar Garden! As soon as we stepped in we met amazing Amy. The places is also amazing, as well as the food. Well, the food smells amazing, at least.
However, there are nine priority violations on Cedar Garden's last health inspection, which isn't "amazing" at all.
The restaurant was noted in violation of things such as:
- Dates on potentially hazardous foods falsely marked
- Person in charge didn't have knowledge of food-borne illnesses and other rules and regulations
- Surfaces and utensils that looked dirty and felt dirt too the touch
The cat's away, the mice will play! Everybody was lazy – it's the truth. Apparently, all of these violations went down when the owner went out of town, and then he came back and cracked the whip.
Well, clearly, Amy is a woman who does not mince words.
Everything is now back on track.
Cedar Garden was founded by Charlie, who passed away several years ago. This has been a family business for years.
The Shogun, a Japanese and Chinese Bistro, seems to do it all – hibachi, sushi and cool looking cocktails!
The fancy Asian flare is in full force, but on its last health inspection, The Shogun was on the chopping block with 12 priority violations like:
- Employees not washing hands well enough, not getting in there and cleaning underneath their fingernails or in between those fingers either
- Not separating beef, fish, lamb, pork and chicken from each others – that's scary!
- No soap at mote than on hand sink
- And staff touching ready to eat foods with their bare hands
Fortunately, all violations have been fixed.
Lastly, in St. Clair Shores is Buoy 12, which is afloat and precisely why this popular pub got an A on the Restaurant Report Card.
People are really friendly and the food is good. The place is clean, everything is made fresh and employees clean up everyday.
So what's up with the name?
Well, it's on the water and it's just South of 12 mile Road.
For more Restaurant Report Card grades, click here.