DETROIT, Mich. (WXYZ) — It’s Restaurant Report Card time! This week comes with some ahhhhs and uh-ohs.
There was not an “A” this time around.
However, when 7 Action News reporter Andrea Isom showed up to Southwest Detroit, there was no shortage of energy and excitement!
Southwest Detroit is all about taste, tradition and hospitality.
When the health inspectors in Detroit inspected the latest round of restaurants, they discovered several violations.
Such as, employees not wearing hairnets and not wearing gloves, raw chicken stored above raw fish and unapproved chlorine sanitizer. Also, no hot water at the employee sink.
Inspectors noticed some people were not washing their hands. It was also noted that utensils were needed for lemons, onions and such.
It’s a team effort with the health department. The professionals inform the establishments of what needs to be done, and the management gets on top of it.
So, Andrea visited three places. Question is, have you been there, too?