ROMEO, Mich. (WXYZ) — The wait is over. Wednesday is here. And so is another Restaurant Report Card!
This week, 7 Action News reporter Andrea Isom took a stack of health inspection reports and a bit of Shakespeare to Macomb County.
Welcome to the city of Romeo where everything I ran into was so darn “ridiculously” cute.
This sign sort of sums it all up: Today’s special and so are you!
4 Corners seems like a fan fav. Marty and Robert run things around here.
This team is part of the process, which is awesome! And they are super-duper pleased to see the health inspector.
Now, 4 Corners did have 7 priority violations on its last inspection, like:
- The hot water, not quite hot enough
- Food employees not cleaning hands and exposed portions of arms immediately before engaging in food preparation
- And no soap at a hand sink
There are 2 Romeo restaurants, with 4 priority violations the last time the health inspector paid them a visit: Youngers Irish Tavern and Romeo Coney Island
At the tavern:
- Some raw animal foods were not separated from some raw ready to eat foods
And at the coney:
- Utensils and food contact surfaces of equipment not sanitized before use, after cleaning
Well, guess what? At both spots those problems were solved.
Main’s Treat on Main Street is the main event because this eatery got an a on the Restaurant Report Card.
Zero violations were spotted on their last health inspection.
They’ve only been open for business about 5 weeks. It was hard work for this husband and wife. But in the end Julie and Joe are overjoyed.