Downtown Detroit will be busy Thursday, Aug. 30.
Three major events taking place in the city -- the Aretha Franklin tribute concert at Chene Park, the Detroit Lions home game at Ford Field and the weekend JazzFest.
The Michigan Department of Transportation is asking event-goers to plan ahead to better navigate traffic and parking.
Here's what to look out for:
Aretha Franklin Tribute Concert -- Aug. 30
The City of Detroit will relax parking enforcements on streets around Chene Park for the concert. Visitors traveling to Chene Park should use I-375 and exit at Jefferson.
People can park at meters or use area parking lots. Note: vehicles blocking driveways/alleys, handicap signs or bus stops will be ticketed and may be towed.
- Chene will be two lanes southbound to allow access to parking lots
- Chene will be closed at Jefferson once parking lots are full
- Restricted traffic on Atwater between St. Aubin and Dubois
- No traffic on Atwater from Dubois to Chene
- The Chene Park box office will open with access off of Jos. Campau at Atwater
Detroit Lions Home Game -- Aug. 30
- exit Bagley off the Lodge Freeway
- exit at Mack off I-375
- exit at Rosa Parks Blvd using I-75
Officials urge visitors to avoid Larned due to construction-related lane closures.
JazzFest Related Street Closures -- Aug. 29 - Aug. 31
Beginning 8:30 p.m. on August 29
- Northbound Woodward Avenue from Larned to Monroe
- Southbound and northbound Woodward between Campus Martus and State/Gratiot
- Eastbound Monroe from Campus Martius to Farmer
- Both sides of Cadillac Square from Campus Martius to Bates
Beginning 8 p.m. on August 30
- Southbound Woodward from Michigan to Larned
- Fort from Griswold to Woodward
- Westbound Monroe from Farmer to Campus Martius
- East and westbound Michigan between Griswold and Woodward
Beginning 10 a.m. on August 31
- Congress between Bates and Griswold