Nothing puts a damper on summer plans quite like getting stuck in a construction traffic jam.
But, the Michigan Department of Transportation has released a map of construction zones to help you figure out the perfect route while you're on the road this year. Here are metro Detroit's planned construction areas.
- US-131, June-September: Upgrade lighting from M-11 (28th Street) to I-96. Off-peak lane closures.
- I-196, January 2017-October 2019: Widen westbound bridge over the Grand River near US-131. Lane and ramp closures.
- M-44 (East Beltline Avenue), September-November: Resurface 2.8 miles from I-96 to 3 Mile Road. Nightly lane closures.
- M-21 (Fulton Street), July-September: Repair concrete joints from M-37 (East Beltline Avenue) to I-96. Lane closures with a detour.
- M-6, June-November: Repair and rebuild 3 miles from Jackson Street east to Wilson Avenue. Close and detoured.
- US-131, May-August: Concrete joint work 11.7 miles from 76th Street to 44th Street, and from North Park Street to 10 Mile Road. Nightly lane closures.
Check out the 2017 construction highlights below: