It's going to be another warm weekend across metro Detroit and the state, but nearly a dozen beaches are closed due to high bacteria levels.
Seven of those beaches are located across metro Detroit.
The beaches that are closed include:
- Torch Lake/Portage Canal/Lake Superior in Houghton County
- Newburgh and Sumac Pointes in Wayne County
- Bobcat Lake in Gogebic County
- Copper Harbor Lighthouse Overlook in Keweenaw County
- Eagle Lake in Oakland County
- Lake St. Clair/St. Clair Shores Memorial Park Beach in Macomb County
- Beaverton City Park/Rose Lake in Gladwin County
- Lake Chemung Outdoor Resort in Livingston County
- Sherwood Park in Wayne County
- Van Buren Township Park in Wayne County
- Holland Road Beach in St. Clair County
To see the full list of closed beaches, click here.