ELK RAPIDS, Mich. (WXYZ) — Michigan-based Short's Brewing Co. announced Monday a special release of "The Super Hoppy Holiday variety pack" for the IPA fans of the state.
Coming in a larger variety this year, the pack will feature 18 12-ounce cans of beer from the Short's portfolio. There will be six types of beers, three of each type.
“With the increased demand we’ve been experiencing, it would have been easy for us to skip this variety pack to catch up on flagships. But after the insanity of 2020, we wanted to spread a little extra holiday cheer this season.” Short's CEO Scott Newman-Bale said in a release. “We did our best to select some of our most sought after brands and give some love to products we haven’t put out in a while.”
The pack will include:
- Juicy Tree – 10.1% ABV, 80 IBU – It's an experimental IPA with blue spruce tips, juniper berries and cranberries.
- Double Psychedelic Cat Grass – 9.7% ABV, 75 IBU – A triple dry-hopped IPA with tropical fruit and bitterness
- Slurm Lord – 7.3% ABV, 70 IBU – The double New England-style IPA is brewed with oats and a blend of hops. It's the largest dry hop in Short's history.
- Yoda's Blend – 8.6% ABV, 73 IBU: IPA made with hopes never to be replicated again, according to Short's. It is copper with currant, spruce/pine and tropical notes. It will only be available in the Super Hoppy Holidays Variety pack
- The Liberator – 8% ABV, 95 IBU – This was made as a 30th birthday present to Joe Short. It's a double IPA with fruity, floral and piney hop flavors.
- Batch 10,000 – 13.2% ABV, 50 IBU – A double brut IPA with mango and black currant celebrating the 10,000th batch of beer brewed at Short's.
The Super Hoppy Holiday Pack will be available starting in early November at Meijer stores across the Midwest.