DETROIT (WXYZ) — Southwest Detroit Restaurant Week returns for the second year.
The event will take place from Oct. 4 to Oct. 13, and will feature nearly 25 Latin American restaurants.
According to a release, the eateries will feature exclusive menus during the week which will "showcase traditional and authentic food."
“Southwest Detroit Restaurant Week will offer attendees much more than just an affordable price point since we know that can be easily found throughout our community,” said Southwest Detroit Restaurant Week Event Organizer Monica Casarez. “Participating restaurants will offer guests a truly remarkable dining experience by showcasing an exclusive menu that is centered on Southwest Detroit’s diverse cultures, origins and stories.”
The 2019 SWDRW participating restaurants include:
- Antojitos El Catracho (Honduras & El Savlador), 4627 W. Vernor Hwy.
- Armanado’s Mexican Restaurant (TexMex & Cuban), 4242 W. Vernor Hwy.
- Asty Time (Dominican Republic), 7340 McGraw
- Camino Real (Jalisco, Mexico), 1100 Central Ave.
- Centro Botanero, (Nayarit, Mexico) 2302 Campbell St
- El Asador Steakhouse (Northern Mexico), 1312 Springwells
- El Barzon Restaurante (Mexican and Italian), 3710 Junction
- El Rancho Restaurant (Mexico), 5900 W. Vernor Hwy.
- El Rey de a las Arepas (Venezuelan), 7701 McGraw St.
- La Palapa del Parian (Jalisco, Mexico), 1628 Lawndale
- La Posada (Jalisco, Mexico), 1930 Springwells
- La Rosita (Michoacan, Mexico), 7849 McGraw St.
- La Terraza (Mexico), 8445 W. Vernor Hwy.
- Los Altos Restaurant (Jalisco, Mexico), 7056 W. Vernor Hwy.
- Mariscos El Salpicon (Nayarit, Mexico), 8600 W. Vernor Hwy.
- Mexican Village Restaurant (Mexico), 2600 Bagley Ave.
- Peso Bar (Modern Mexican), 2547 Bagley St.
- Pupuseria y Restaurante Salvadoreño (El Salvador), 3149 Livernois
- Rincon Tropical (Puerto Rico), 6538 Michigan Ave.
- Senor Lopez Restaurant (Hidalgo, Mexico), 7146 Michigan Ave.
- Taqueria El Caporal (Jalisco, Mexico), 1414 Junction
- Taqueria El Nacimiento (Jalisco, Mexico), 7400 W. Vernor Hwy.
- Taqueria El Rey (Jalisco, Mexico), 4730 W. Vernor Hwy.
- Triangulo Dorado (Northern Mexico), 8065 W. Vernor Hwy.
For more information and a full list of restaurants, visit www.swdetroitrestaurantweek.com.