Starbucks reopens in downtown Royal Oak after carbon monoxide leak

Posted at 4:52 PM, Sep 11, 2017
and last updated 2017-09-11 17:42:30-04

A popular metro Detroit Starbucks was evacuated Monday afternoon after a carbon monoxide leak.

Emergency crews responded to the scene at the Starbucks location on Main Street in downtown Royal Oak. The store has reopened.

One man was treated on the scene. He was given oxygen but appeared to be OK.

According to fire officials, construction workers in the same suite were doing work in the building. Their area was ventilated, but carbon monoxide fumes traveled through the air duct system into Starbucks and into the Burn Rubber store.

Both stores were evacuated until they could be aired out.