(WXYZ) — The Trump campaign plans to file another lawsuit in Michigan, citing "incompetence and unlawful vote counting."
According to the president's re-election campaign, their federal suit points to "multiple witness accounts of irregularities, incompetence, and unlawful vote counting."
"The suit relies on affidavits from witnesses who say they saw election officials counting ineligible ballots, counting batches of the same ballots multiple times, counting illegal late ballots and pre-dating them, accepting ballots deposited in drop boxes after the deadline, and duplicating ballots illegally. It also documents how defendant Wayne County used faulty ballot tabulators that miscounted votes for President Trump as votes for the Biden-Harris ticket," stated a release from the Trump campaign.
The federal suit, pictured below, will be filed in the Western District of Michigan against Wayne County and the Michigan Secretary of State, according to a release.
The re-election campaign says it's seeking "to stop certification of Michigan election results until defendants have verified and confirmed ballots were cast and tabulated in accord with the law and to ensure no unlawful ballots were cast."
Last week, a Michigan Court of Claims judge dismissed a lawsuit from the Trump campaign seeking to stop the count, saying it was filed too late. We have yet to see substantiated evidence to support the Trump campaign's claims. MORE: https://t.co/5WOLhHLHtD @wxyzdetroit— Jenn Schanz (@JennSchanzWXYZ) November 11, 2020
The complaint also claims to document illegal and official intimidation and interference with lawful election challengers, harassment of Republican challengers tolerated or perpetrated by election officials, and arbitrary and unequal treatment of Republican challengers.
“The 70 million Americans who voted for President Trump deserve transparency into the potentially unconstitutional conduct documented here. The numerous reports we have heard from credible witnesses of Michigan's election processes are alarming. Every American should have faith in our electoral process and know that their legal vote was both counted and protected. Unfortunately, based on several witnesses’ accounts, that seemingly is not what occurred in the state of Michigan,” said Matt Morgan, Trump 2020 campaign general counsel. “As we have said from the beginning, our campaign will continue to ensure all Americans can trust in a free and fair election, and this lawsuit is a noteworthy step toward achieving that goal.”
Jake Rollow, a spokesperson for the Michigan Department of State, released this statement in response to the Trump campaign lawsuit:
“This is the same kind of irresponsible false rhetoric and misinformation that we saw throughout the election. It is a press release masquerading as a legal claim designed to promote false claims aimed at eroding the public’s confidence in Michigan elections. But it does not change the truth: Michigan’s elections were conducted fairly, securely, transparently, and the results are an accurate reflection of the will of the people.“
The campaign included these exhibits in the suit: