The University of Michigan Hospitals and Health Centers in Ann arbor was ranked number six top adult hospital system in the country, and top in the state.
U.S. News and World Report studied more than 4,500 medical centers nationwide, and made the determinations based on several factors, including patient safety, survival rates nursing and number of patients.
The Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota retains the honors of the best hospital in the country.
Top 10 best hospitals in the Detroit-area named in the study were:
- University of Michigan Hospitals and Health Centers
- Beaumont Hospital- Royal Oak
- DMC Harper University Hospital
- Beaumont Hospital-Troy
- St. Joseph Mercy Ann Arbor Hospital
- Henry Ford Hospital
- Providence-Providence Park Hospital, Southfield Campus
- St. John Hospital and Medical Center
- Beaumont Hospital-Dearborn
- Beaumont Hospital-Grosse Pointe