(WXYZ) — Veterans, pet owners and other visitors can take advantage of quieter camping options over the Fourth of July weekend.
The Michigan Department of Natural Resources and the Michigan Veterans Affairs Agency are highlighting quieter camping options over the Fourth of July weekend.
These campground locations are farther away from traditional fireworks displays:
- Bewabic State Park (Iron County)
- Lake Hudson Recreation Area (Lenawee County)
- Rifle River Recreation Area (Ogemaw County)
- Hayes State Park (Lenawee County)
- Cheboygan State Park (Cheboygan County)
- Wells State Park (Menominee County)
- Leelanau State Park (Leelanau County)
- Sleepy Hollow State Park (Clinton County)
- Brighton Recreation Area-Bishop Lake Campground (Livingston County)
- Craig Lake State Park (Baraga County)
Camping reservations can be made here.