DETROIT (WXYZ) — The Detroit Tigers have announced their opening day pregame festivities Friday.
The fun and games are scheduled to begin 30 minutes prior to the 1:10 p.m. first pitch on April 4 at Comerica Park.
Here's the pregame lineup:
- Gates Open - 10:00 a.m.
- Homerun Happy Hour - will be available for fans 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. The Homerun Happy Hour is available exclusively on the Pepsi Porch including in the Miller Lite Pitcher’s Pub. Fans can enjoy $3 Pepsi and Aquafina products, $5 nacho, hotdog and burger baskets, MillerCoors products and specialty cocktails.
- Detroit Tigers Leadoff Video – enjoy a look at exciting highlights with a music track sure to fire you up for the game.
- Introductions – let’s meet the Detroit Tigers and Kansas City Royals players, managers, coaches and staff.
- Military Flyover - Four A-10 Thunderbolt II “Warthog” aircraft from the 107th Fighter Squadron and part of the 127th Wing located at Selfridge Air National Guard Base.
- National Anthem - in celebration of the 60th anniversary of Motown Records, Grammy Award nominated and original member of the Supremes, Mary Wilson.
- Ceremonial First Pitch - 1984 World Series Champion, Cy Young Award winner and World Series MVP, Guillermo “Willie” Hernandez.
- Game ball – will be delivered by Brigadier General John D. Slocum, the Commander, 127th Wing, Selfridge ANGB, Michigan.
Fans are reminded that Comerica Park's mobile ticketing entry take effect beginning on Opening Day.