(WXYZ) — The new Ford Bronco will be unveiled by Ford at 8 p.m. The new Bronco will come in three versions: a smaller Bronco Sport and then two full-size options, a two and a four-door.
The classic two-door and the first-ever four-door Broncos represent an all-new family of rugged off-road vehicles.
“We created the Bronco family to elevate every aspect of off-road adventure and equipped them with class-leading chassis hardware and exclusive technologies to raise the bar in the rugged 4x4 segment and take people further into the wild,” said Jim Farley, Ford chief operating officer. “They’re built with the toughness of an F-Series truck and performance spirit of Mustang – and come wrapped in one of the most stunning and functional off-road designs that’s true to the original Bronco design DNA.”
Read up on specs for the two new vehicles below:
The Bronco Two-Door and Four-Door models deliver an adventure ready off-road experience featuring:
- Seven unique models including Base, Big Bend, Black Diamond, Outer Banks, Wildtrak, Badlands and First Edition
- More than 200 factory-backed accessories for maximum personalization and capability
- Exclusive terrain management G.O.A.T. modes, including Baja, Rock-Crawl and Mud/Ruts for off-road driving plus Slippery and Sand, Sport, Eco and Normal, to tackle any driving condition
- Two 4x4 systems, the base system utilizing a two-speed electronic shift-on-the-fly transfer case, and the optional advanced system featuring a two-speed electro-mechanical transfer case
- Two available hardtops that come off in sections, a unique Max Air structure providing the largest open-top view, available quick-release stowable roof panels and doors, a first-gen model inspired clearly visible instrument panel, and washable rubberized floors
The Bronco Sport is equipped and ready for the trails with several innovative features including:
- Five unique models including Base, Big Bend, Outer Banks, Badlands and First Edition
- Seven G.O.A.T-Modes to help drivers navigate inclement conditions including Normal, Eco, Sport, Slippery and Sand modes, as well as Mud/Ruts and Rock-Crawl modes available on the Badlands series
- More than 100 factory-backed and aftermarket accessories are available to transport gear such as kayaks, surfboards, skis and camping gear.
- Trail Control technology enabling a cruise control-like setting up to 20 mph (forward) and 6 mph (reverse) for vehicle-controlled throttle and braking
- A SYNC® 3 system with an 8-inch capacitive touch screen and compatibility with Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™.
- The Ford Co-Pilot360™ suite of advanced driver-assist technologies is standard across the lineup, including Pre-Collision Assist with Automatic Emergency Braking.
More information https://www.ford.com/.