Visit Site

Wayne County judge dismisses Trump campaign's election lawsuit

This browser does not support the video element.

Posted at 1:31 PM, Nov 13, 2020
and last updated 2020-11-13 13:31:19-05

(WXYZ) — A chief judge of the 3rd Circuit Court in Wayne County denied the Trump campaign's election fraud lawsuit.

The re-election campaign previously said it's seeking "to stop certification of Michigan election results until defendants have verified and confirmed ballots were cast and tabulated in accord with the law and to ensure no unlawful ballots were cast."

The lawsuit cited "multiple witness accounts of irregularities, incompetence, and unlawful vote counting." However, Wayne Circuit Court Chief Judge Kenny said this information is "incorrect and not credible."

Additionally, the campaign requested an independent audit of the election. This was also denied.

The City of Detroit's lead attorney on the lawsuit released the following statement:

After an exhaustive analysis of unsubstantiated claims and conspiracy theories, Judge Kenny's opinion concluded: "plaintiff's interpretation of events is incorrect and not credible."

This is the third time a court has had to dismiss Trump supporters' completely fabricated claims of voting problems in Detroit. Once again, the court record showed conclusively the Detroit city clerk ran a fair and proper election.

The bottom line is the election was not close - Joe Biden carried the state of Michigan by more than 145,000 votes. It's time for the sour grapes to end.

View the full opinion from the judge below:

Costantino Et Al v Wayne BOC Et Al Opinion & Order by WXYZ-TV Channel 7 Detroit on Scribd