Michigan Auto Law is working to raise awareness of data from Michigan State Police on the area’s most dangerous intersections of 2016. They are the intersections where police responded to the most crashes.
The law firm says drivers can use this information to take caution, prevent crashes, and even save lives. This is a list of the ten most dangerous intersections in the area.
1. The I-94 and I-75 Interchange.
In this area last year police responded to 84 crashes in which 21 people were hurt.
“As our lawyers review high-crash intersections for the entire state, we always see interchanges show up on these lists, with commercial trucks, varying speeds on freeway ramps and merging traffic resulting in more accidents. Our best advice is to slow down and know exactly what lane you need to be in ahead of time to avoid last-minute merging into traffic,” said Steven Gursten, of Michigan Auto Law in t he blog post on this issue.
2. Joy Road at The Southfield Freeway.
In this area police responded to 80 accidents that injured a total of 24 people.
3. I-94 and Moross Road is an intersection where 75 crashes happened, hurting 34 people. This gave it the number five spot for the most injuries in the entire state.
4. The Southfield Freeway and Warren Avenue.
5. 7 Mile Road and Van Dyke Avenue
6. Jefferson Avenue and Randolph Street7. Linwood Street and Davison Street
8. Warren Avenue and I-75
9. Conner Street and Gratiot Avenue
10. I-96 and Schaefer Highway