News

Actions

What happens if school is canceled on Count Day?

Posted at 8:20 AM, Feb 13, 2019
and last updated 2019-02-13 12:46:58-05

(WXYZ) — Count Day keeps track of school attendance and helps determine funding for schools.

In Michigan, Wednesday, Feb. 13, is the second count day of the 2018-19 school year that will account for 10 percent of funding. The other 90 percent was accounted for on Count Day in October 2018.

However, several schools closed Wednesday due to weather and road conditions.

So, what happens if school is canceled on Count Day?

A school will use the next day the school is in session as the alternative count day, according to the Michigan Department of Education.