Amor Ftouhi was arrested Wednesday, accused of stabbing an officer in the neck at Flint's Bishop International Airport.
The incident is now being investigated as an act of terror.
- Man charged in stabbing attack at Bishop International Airport faces judge
- Canadian man charged with stabbing Bishop International Airport police officer
Here's what we know about the suspect:
- Amor Ftouhi is 49 years old
- He's a resident of Canada, and originally from Tunisia
- Ftouhi is married and has three children
- His landlord says he always paid his rent on time and was not a difficult tenant
- Court officials say he works "on and off" as a truck driver
- Ftouhi reportedly entered the U.S. in New York on June 16 before making his way to Flint
- Officials believe he acted alone in the attack
- Police say Ftouhi yelled "Allahu akbar," which means "God is great" in Arabic before stabbing the officer. He also reportedly referenced killings in Syria, Iraq and Afghanistan
- FBI officials say preliminary information indicates that Ftouhi was not on any terror watch lists before he arrived in Flint
Listen to audio of Ftouhi's first court appearance in the video player above. His next hearing is scheduled for Wednesday.
The FBI is asking anyone who may have come into contact with Ftouhi to call them at 313-965-2323 or give them an anonymous tip at tips.fbi.gov .
The Associated Press contributed to this report.