Centria Autism Services and Emagine Theatres have partnered to bring holiday cheer to families with children with autism.
Emagine has dedicated six theaters in Southeast Michigan to create a sensory friendly environment for families.
For children with autism, going to the movies can be difficult because the audio can be too loud and the theater too dark.
Participating theaters include:
- Emagine Birch Run: Dixie Hwy, Birch Run
- Emagine Canton: Ford Rd, Canton
- Emagine Macomb: 23 Mile Rd, Macomb
- Emagine Novi: West 12 Mile Rd, Novi
- Emagine Rochester Hills: Barclay Cir, Rochester
- Emagine Saline: E Michigan Ave, Saline
Each month the theaters will show a blockbuster movie, beginning Nov. 17 with "The Grinch."