National Prescription Drug Take-Back Day is Saturday and Michigan State Police are partnering with the DEA to help people get rid of unwanted or unused prescription drugs.
All of MSP's 30 posts will participate in the event from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Saturday.
In October, they got rid of 871 total pounds of prescription drugs
You can get rid of expired, unused and unwanted medication for destruction. No liquids, inhalers, patches or syringes will be accepted.
To find the MSP post near you, click here.
The ones in metro Detroit are below.
- Brighton - 4337 Buno Rd., 810-227-1051
- Flint - G-4481 Corunna Rd., 810-732-1111
- Jackson - 3401 Cooper St., 517-780-4580
- Lapeer - 975 S. Main St., 810-664-2905
- Metro North Post - 14350 W. 10 Mile, Oak Park, 248-584-5740
- Metro South Post - 12111 Telegraph Rd., Taylor, 734-287-5000
- Monroe Post - 300 Jones Ave., 734-242-3500