LIVONIA, Mich. (WXYZ) — Beginning Tuesday, June 1, playgrounds and dog parks in the City of Livonia have reopened.
Thank you for your continued patience during this unprecedented time. We are all continually learning and re-learning during this initial period of adjustment. We are asking that participants follow some additional safety measures for yourself, your child and your four-legged friends.
The city released these COVID-19 guidelines for playgrounds and parks:
- Practice social distancing – remain 6 feet apart
- We ask that users abide by one person/one dog, to limit gatherings at the dog park
- Masks recommended for all park users
- Practice good hygiene, wash your hands after visiting the dog park and playgrounds
- Stay home if you, your child or your dog are ill or have been exposed to COVID-19
- Questions/Concerns? Call (734) 466-2298
Additional Coronavirus information and resources:
Click here for a page with resources including a COVID-19 overview from the CDC, details on cases in Michigan, a timeline of Governor Gretchen Whitmer's orders since the outbreak, coronavirus' impact on Southeast Michigan, and links to more information from the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services, the CDC and the WHO.
View a global coronavirus tracker with data from Johns Hopkins University.
Find out how you can help metro Detroit restaurants struggling during the pandemic.
See all of our Helping Each Other stories.
See complete coverage on our Coronavirus Continuing Coverage page.