NOVI (WXYZ) — A COVID-19 drive-thru testing site is opening Friday, May 15 in the parking lot of a Novi Walmart store.
The testing site is located at 26090 Ingersol Drive. Tests will be provided to adults who meet CDC, state and local guidelines. This includes first responders, health care workers, others with symptoms and those who are high-risk without symptoms.
“Walmart is part of the community, and we are proud to help support the expansion of COVID-19 testing in Novi during this unprecedented time,” said Erik Hingst, Walmart Public Affairs Director for Michigan. “We are grateful to our associates who keep our stores running, our pharmacists who support these testing sites, and to Quest Diagnostics and local officials as we work together to open the site and help our community.”
The site is open Monday, Wednesday and Friday, weekly from 7 to 9 a.m., weather permitting. To receive a test, you must be 18 years old or older.
Additional testing details include:
- The testing site will require an appointment through Quest’s MyQuestTM online portal and app, www.MyQuestCOVIDTest.com [u7061146.ct.sendgrid.net], which will screen and schedule appointments for those individuals that meet medical eligibility for the testing sites.
- Once on site, those being tested will need to wear a mask and stay in their cars for verification of eligibility criteria, ID check and self-administered test. For the safety of all those on-site, the test site is not available to those who walk up.
- The site will use a self-administered nasal swab test that will allow those being tested to swab their own nose onsite while in their vehicles, observed by a trained medical volunteer to ensure the sample is taken correctly, and drop the sealed sample into a container on their way out of the drive-thru site.
- Quest Diagnostics will handle processing test samples and communicating results to those tested and applicable departments of health.
- Any questions regarding testing and appointments, please call Quest’s dedicated COVID-19 line at 866-448-7719, Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. ET
- The site will be staffed by Walmart pharmacists and associates.
- While individuals who are tested are awaiting results, please follow CDC guidelines [u7061146.ct.sendgrid.net] and take steps to help prevent the virus from spreading to people in your home and community.
Additional Coronavirus information and resources:
Click here for a page with resources including a COVID-19 overview from the CDC, details on cases in Michigan, a timeline of Governor Gretchen Whitmer's orders since the outbreak, coronavirus' impact on Southeast Michigan, and links to more information from the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services, the CDC and the WHO.
View a global coronavirus tracker with data from Johns Hopkins University.
Find out how you can help metro Detroit restaurants struggling during the pandemic.
See all of our Helping Each Other stories.
See complete coverage on our Coronavirus Continuing Coverage page.