DEARBORN, Mich. (WXYZ) — The Ford-Wyoming Drive-In theater in Dearborn is now closed until June 12.
Previously, the theater had announced it would open May 29. It is now closed in cooperation with Dearborn police.
The Dearborn Police Department issued the business a cease-and-desist order, and the business complied. No citations or tickets were issued.
The theater plans to implement new rules to help keep staff and customers safe and healthy.
It will be operating at half capacity due to social distancing rules. Face masks are also required for entering the concession stand or restrooms.
Restrooms will have every other stall/sink/urinal open. Attendants will be on site to sanitize and ensure a limited number of patrons are in the restrooms at one time. Patrons are asked to wear a mask and practice social distancing while using the restrooms.
Sitting outside of vehicles is not allowed. The theater says no one can be outside of their vehicles unless going to or from the concession stand or restrooms.
Anyone who violates rules will be asked to leave with no admission refund, the theater says.
Additional Coronavirus information and resources:
Click here for a page with resources including a COVID-19 overview from the CDC, details on cases in Michigan, a timeline of Governor Gretchen Whitmer's orders since the outbreak, coronavirus' impact on Southeast Michigan, and links to more information from the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services, the CDC and the WHO.
View a global coronavirus tracker with data from Johns Hopkins University.
Find out how you can help metro Detroit restaurants struggling during the pandemic.
See all of our Helping Each Other stories.
See complete coverage on our Coronavirus Continuing Coverage page.