OAKLAND COUNTY (WXYZ) — As the pandemic moves into the summer months, several counties across southeast Michigan are canceling or postponing Fourth of July events as a safety precaution.
Below is a running list of Independence Day events in Oakland County that are canceled due to the coronavirus.
- Clarkston Independence Day Parade is canceled
- Wolverine Lake Tiki Night Fireworks on July 3 is canceled
- 2020 Clarkston 4th of July parade is canceled
- Highland Township Red, White & Blues Fireworks postponed to Sept. 5
- Holly fireworks on July 4 is canceled
- Milford 4th of July Independence Day Parade is canceled
- Seymour Celebration in Oxford is canceled
- Rochester Hills, Festival of the Hills event is postponed until further notice
- Waterford Township, Lake Oakland Fireworks canceled
- Wixom Lite the Night Fireworks is canceled
- Huntington Woods holding Virtual 4th of July Parade
If you have a Fourth of July event that is canceled or has been rescheduled due to the pandemic, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional Coronavirus information and resources:
Click here for a page with resources including a COVID-19 overview from the CDC, details on cases in Michigan, a timeline of Governor Gretchen Whitmer's orders since the outbreak, coronavirus' impact on Southeast Michigan, and links to more information from the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services, the CDC and the WHO.
View a global coronavirus tracker with data from Johns Hopkins University.
Find out how you can help metro Detroit restaurants struggling during the pandemic.
See all of our Helping Each Other stories.
See complete coverage on our Coronavirus Continuing Coverage page.