(WXYZ) — The Michigan Department of Health and Human Services published strong recommendations for indoor social gatherings.
On Thursday, MDHHS extended its epidemic order and added restrictions for nonresidential gatherings and restaurants.
New guidance from MDHHS recommends individuals take multiple steps together as no one measure offers complete protection in a gathering.
The steps include:
- Get together outside whenever possible. You have up to 20 times higher risk of getting sick inside.
- If you do get together inside, include no more than two households and 10 people.
- Limit time inside together—greater duration is greater risk.
- Wear a mask – take it off when you eat or drink, then put it back on.
- Keep six feet apart as much as you can.
- When possible, keep voices down; high volume can increase COVID transmission by 30 times
- Wash hands regularly and try to not to share utensils.