Just a month after the city of Detroit was named the worst city to live in America, a new study found that Detroit is the worst big city to live in in the United States.
- Detroit is worst city to live in America, report finds; Flint third worst
- Detroit ranked No. 4 city where downtown is making a comeback
- National Geographic names Detroit top unexpected city for food lovers in North America
- Detroit is eighth best sports city, study finds
- Detroit is still the best hockey city in America, study finds
- Detroit is the unhealthiest city in the United States, study finds
- Detroit ranks near bottom of country for lowest credit scores
The study, published by WalletHub, took into account the 62 largest cities in the United States.
It found that Detroit ranked 62nd, with a total score of 35.53. That's behind Memphis, Tenn., St. Louis and Baltimore.
According to the study, Detroit ranks 47th in affordability, 62nd in economy, 56th in education and health, 40th in quality of life and 61st in safety.
It took into account housing costs, unemployment rate, population growth, quality of schools, walk score, bike score and more.
Detroit ranked last in highest percentage of population living below poverty level and lowest income growth.
The top city is Virginia Beach, followed followed by Seattle, Pittsburgh, San Diego and Colorado Springs.