Nine beaches in Michigan are closed due to high levels of bacteria, according to the Michigan Department of Environmental Quality.
Six of those beaches are in metro Detroit.
The following beaches across the state are closed:
- Bobcat Lake in Gogebic County
- Copper Harbor in Keweenaw County
- Crooked Lake in Oakland County
- Eagle Lake in Oakland County
- St. Clair Shores Memorial Park Beach in Macomb County
- Newburgh and Sumac Pointes in Wayne County
- Teeple Lake Recreation Area - Highland State Park in Oakland County
- Lake Linden Campground Beach in Houghton County
- Upper Pettibone Lake in Oakland County