The Detroit chapter of the National Action Network is holding a press conference on Wednesday morning over the anti-Kid Rock protest at Little Caesars Arena.
Rev. Charles Williams II will be on hand at the press conference in front of Kid Rock's new restaurant at the arena.
- 'Anti-Kid Rock Rally' planned before first show at Little Caesars Arena
- New Little Caesars Arena set to open with Kid Rock concerts and protesters
- Kid Rock restaurant to open at Little Caesars Arena in Detroit
He plans to discuss the protest and answer questions about the protest.
According to the Facebook event, the group plans to "rally against symbols of white supremacy and hate in our amazing city of Detroit."
Kid Rock has previously used the Confederate Flag at his concerts, and in 2015, the National Action Network asked General Motors to stop sponsoring his tour over the use of the flag.
Chris Ilitch, CEO of Ilitch Holdings said at a news conference, “While I can’t control what any artist does or says, I can guide our businesses to continue brining life changing opportunities to the people in our community. I will always demand that our companies strive to do right by Detroit.”