News

Actions

New York man files lawsuit against Mark Latunski alleging he was held as a prisoner

CORP-Digital-Default-Image-1280x720-WXYZ.png
Posted at 9:59 AM, Jun 12, 2020
and last updated 2020-06-12 09:59:06-04

(WXYZ) — A New York man has filed a lawsuit against Mark Latunski, the mid-Michigan man charged with murdering 25-year-old Kevin Bacon late last year.

Related: Disturbing, graphic details emerge in murder of Michigan man Kevin Bacon

Marko Law filed the lawsuit on behalf of James Carleson, alleging that Carlsen traveled from New York to Michigan to engage in consensual BDSM with Latunski in 2019.

Related: Accused killer Mark Latunski found not competent to stand trial

According to the lawsuit, Carlsen met Latunski's husband and agreed to visit Latunski and his husband at their home. Carlsen was allegedly picked up at a bus station, and was later informed that Latunski's husband moved out.

Carlsen stayed with Latunski, but alleges that he would later get locks, chains and leather straps to tie Carlsen in his basement and hold him prisoner.

According to the law firm, Carlsen was able to cut himself loose from the straps, get his cell phone and escape from the home to call 911.

Latunski has been charged with allegedly murdering 25-year-old Bacon in December 2019.

WILX reports that police entered the home and found Bacon hanging naked from the ceiling.

Latunski reportedly told police that he murdered Bacon by stabbing him in the back, then slitting his throat. He also admitted to using the knife to cut off his testicles and eating them later.

Bacon allegedly went to meet Latunski on Christmas Eve after they connected through a dating app, Grindr.

“Mark Latunski must answer for the heinous acts committed against our client.” says Attorney Kirstina R. Magyari. “Mr. Carleson deserves justice for the trauma he endured, an experience that will haunt him for the rest of his life.”