It’s about time to jump in to fall activities and that means apples: we’re talking orchards, cider mills, hayrides and all the family-friendly activities that come along.
We’ve put together a list of cider mills and apple orchards in Metro Detroit to make your life easier.
- Michigan apple growers will see more apples than usual this year
- Here's your guide to Michigan apple harvest dates
Keep in mind all orchards and cider mills have different activities, such as U-pick, corn mazes, hayrides, petting zoos and so much more, so be sure to call ahead and check to see if they’re operating.
Blake's Orchard and Cider Mill
- Where: 17985 Armada Center Road
- When: Monday-Sunday, open 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. *U-pick orchard closes at 5 p.m. Starting Sept. 29, Friday and Saturday, extended hours of 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. and Sunday 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- For info: 586-784-5343 or www.blakefarms.com
Blake's Big Apple
- Where: 71485 North Ave.
- When: Monday through Sunday 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. U-pick 8.m. to 5 p.m. Extended hours go into effect Saturday, Sept. 22 from 8 a.m. to 11 p.m. Haunted hayrides from 7 p.m. to 11 p.m. Friday and Saturday and 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. Sunday.
- Info: Haunted events include hayrides, zombie paintball, haunted barn, and Spookyland. For more info, call 586-784-9710 or visit www.blakefarms.com.
- Where: 65075 Van Dyke
- When: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. U-pick and all activities open including, slides, animals, corn maze and straw mountain. Cost is $10.50 a person. The market is open seven days a week from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Info: 586-752-3123 or visit www.westvieworchards.com
Hy’s Cider Mill
- Where: 6350 37 Mile Road
- When: Sept. 8 through Nov., 4 the cider mill is open 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday and Sunday, U-pick ends at 5 p.m.
- info: 810-798-3611 or www.hyscidermill.com
Middleton Farms Cider Mill
- When: 46462 Dequindre Road
- When: 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. daily until Thanksgiving Day. Cider, donuts, pies and cookies are made on site.
- info: 586-731-6699 or Facebook
Miller’s Big Red Apple Orchard
- Where: 4900 W. 32 Mile Road
- When: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday-Friday and weekends 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. U-pick ends one hour before closing.
- info: 586-752-7888 or www.millersbigred.com
Stony Creek Orchard & Cider Mill
- Where: 2961 W. 32 Mile Road
- When: 9:30 a.m.-6 p.m. seven days a week
- info: 586-752-2453 or www.stonycreekorchard.com
- Where: 63260 Van Dyke
- When: Open all year from 6:30 a.m.-6 p.m. Mon.-Fri., 7 a.m.-6 p.m. Sat.-Sun. Fruit and farm fresh eggs sold. No U-pick during the fall season.
- Info: 586-752-2989 or www.verellenorchards.com
Franklin Cider Mill
- Where: 7450 Franklin Road
- When: Open until the Sunday after Thanksgiving from 7 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. weekdays and weekends from 8 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Info: 248-626-8261 or www.FranklinCiderMill.com
Long Family Orchard and Farm
- Where: 1540 E. Commerce Road
- When: 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily
- Info: Corn maze and other farm activities open in October. For info, call 248-360-3774 or visit www.longsorchard.com
Ashton Orchards Cider Mill
- Where: 3825 E. Seymour Lake Road
- When: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Saturday and 12 p.m. to 6 p.m. Sunday
- Info: 248-627-6671 or Facebook
Diehl's Orchard and Cider Mill
- Where: 1479 Ranch
- When: Open daily from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. through Oct. 31
- Info: 248-634-8981 or www.diehlsorchard.com
Erwin Orchards Cider Mill
- Where: 61475 Silver Lake Road
- When: Cider mill open 6 a.m. to 7 p.m. daily until Nov. 4. U-pick hours are 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Kid activities include corn maze, pumpkin patch, pony rides and trails.
- Info: 248-437-0150 or erwinorchards.com
Yates Cider Mill
- Where: 1990 E. Avon Road
- When: 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Friday, and 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. on the weekends. One of the busiest and most popular cider mills in metro Detroit, in addition to fresh cider and donuts, Yates has farm animals, pony rides and beautiful trails along the Clinton River.
- Info: 248-481-9203 or www.yatescidermill.com
Goodison Cider Mill
- Where: 4295 Orion Road, Rochester
- When: Open seven days a week from 9 a.m. until 6 p.m. from Labor Day until Thanksgiving, then only open on the weekends until Christmas Eve.
- Info: 248-652-8450 or goodisoncidermill.com
Paint Creek Cider Mill
- Where: 4480 Orion Road, Oakland Township
- When: Monday through Friday 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. and Saturday and Sunday from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Info: 248-656-3400 or Facebook
Rochester Cider Mill
- Where: 5125 N. Rochester Road
- When: 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Saturday
- Info: 248-651-4224 or www.rochestercidermill.com
Three Cedars Farm
- Where: 7897 Six Mile Road
- When: Sunday through Thursday 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. and Friday and Saturday from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Activities include a 7-acre corn maze, a barnyard playland, hayrides, u-pick pumpkin patch, train rides and bonfire sites.
- Info: 248-437-8200 or www.threecedarsfarm.org
Parementer's Cider Mill
- Where: 714 Baseline,
- When: Seven days a week from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. The Northville Winery is also located on site.
- Info: 248-349-3181 or visit www.northvillecider.com
Apple Charlie's South Huron Orchards and Cider Mill
- Where: 38035 S. Huron, New Boston
- When: 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. daily through October.
- Info: 734-753-9380 or Facebook
Dexter Cider Mill
- Where: 3685 Central
- When: 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Wednesday through Sunday
- Info: 734-426-8531 or www.dextercidermill.com
Wiard's Orchards and County Fair
- Where: 5565 Merritt
- When: Hours vary for the various attractions, which include a country store, cider mill, county fair and a haunted thrill park.
- Info: 734-482-7744 or www.wiards.com