Attorney says more victims possible in Oakland County Child Killer case

(WXYZ) - It's an unsolved murder mystery that appears to be taking a new turn once again. 

An attorney has called a press conference to announce alleged new victims that may be tied to the Oakland County Child Killer case. 

Four children were abducted and murdered between 1976 and 1977 and so far, their killer has never been caught.

Attorney Paul Hughes announced a press conference for next Tuesday in which he plans to raise questions about how Oakland County prosecutor Jessica Cooper has handled the case. 

Hughes also suggests in his press release that as many as 11 additional victims may be tied to the serial killings, and is calling for an independent investigation by the Department of Justice.

Tuesday night the Oakland County Prosecutors office issued the following statement about the allegations.

Conspiracy theories flourish in a vacuum.  But that vacuum is necessary and long overdue for an effective investigation without  interference and wild speculation from conspiracy theorists.

A spokesperson for the prosecutors office also said the Department of Justice does not have jurisdiction over local murders, no matter how old they are.

Print this article Back to Top

Comments