Sunday's shooting of a Detroit police officer marks the seventh time that a police officer has been shot or murdered in the line of duty in the city of Detroit since September of last year.
In September 2016, Sgt. Kenneth Steil of the Detroit Police Department was shot shot in the shoulder while chasing 21-year-old Maurice Cromer.
He died a few days later from medical complications due to the shooting.
- WATCH: Funeral for Detroit Police Sgt. Kenneth Steil
- Widow of DPD Captain Kenneth Steil speaks about staying brave for young sons
Just over a month later, Detroit police officer Myron Jarrett was hit and killed on the city's west side while attempting to arrest another driver.
- Officer Myron Jarrett, who died in the line of duty, promoted to rank of Corporal at funeral
- Wife of Detroit Police Department Officer Myron Jarrett speaks to 7 Action News
- Memorial marker unveiled for slain Detroit police corporal Myron Jarrett
Wayne State University police officer Collin Rose was shot and killed in November after reportedly stopping someone on a bicycle.
- Fiance of slain WSU Sgt. Collin Rose breaks silence after surveillance video emerges
- Slain Wayne State University Police Sgt. Collin Rose saves lives after death
On March 15, two Detroit police officers were shot while patrolling their areas for narcotics. One officer was a 20-year veteran of the force while the other was a 4-year veteran.
Police eventually arrested Raymond Durham for the shootings, and DNA evidence also linked him to the shooting of Wayne State Officer Collin Rose.
Durham eventually became a "prime suspect" in Rose's murder.
Just two weeks ago, another Detroit police officer was shot with a shotgun while responding to a call about a burglary.
A 19-year-old man fired a weapon thinking they were being burglarized but accidentally shot the officer who was responding. He was charged with two counts each of intentional discharge of a firearm in a building causing serious injury, intentional discharge of a firearm in a building causing injury and felonious assault.
His father spoke to 7 Action News saying his son was "remorseful" for the shooting.