(WXYZ) — 7 Action News is working to help you protect your privacy online and in your day-to-day life.
We've compiled a list of the data breaches that made headlines over the past year. Click on the links below to find out whether you were affected and how.
- Facebook revealed nearly 7 million users had their private photos shared with third party developers
- Quora says 100 million users hit by 'malicious' data breach
- Marriott: Massive data breach compromised information of 500M guests
- Amazon says some of its users' private email addresses released just hours before Black Friday
- Facebook says hackers accessed 29M people's accounts
- HealthCare.gov system hack exposes data of 75,000 individuals
- Is someone recording your computer clicks?
- Facebook breach affects 50 million users
- Data breach: Uber settles with 50 US states for $148 million
- FBI warns hackers are trying to reroute your direct deposit paycheck
- 2 million customers affected in T-Mobile data breach
- Cheddar's data breach: About 567,000 payment card numbers may have been exposed
- Chili's announces customer data breach
- Aflac says agent emails were hacked, exposing personal information of clients