(WXYZ) — The Great American Pickup Pick-Up is a contest for people who own pickup trucks (or any other vehicle that you don't mind stuffing full of trash) and are not afraid to work.
Do you have a truck? Maybe it is time you give it some exercise. You know, put it to work. Join the Great American Pickup Pick-Up. It's like a scavenger hunt for trash. Here is how it will work.
1. Meet at the start/finish. We will have good donuts.
2. Start - You will go forth to find as much debris as possible. Anything that has been dumped on public property is eligible. You are looking for trash, debris, junk, gunk, messes, etc.. Pick up everything you can: from an old mattress on the sidewalk to tire carcasses on the freeway. Pick it up, bring it back, and weigh in at the finish by 12:30PM.
3. Prizes. We already have over $500 worth of prizes to award. Prizes for most trash, most unusual trash, biggest piece of trash, and heaviest piece of trash. We will also have homemade trophies.
4. Badges - All participants will receive a challenge coin that certifies their pickup actually picks up stuff. If you aren't displaying one of these, you might as well be driving a minivan.
Who This is For:
- People who like to work
- People who are strong
- People who have pride in their community
- People who bought a powerful tool and want to put it to good use.
Who this is not for:
- Weak people who are afraid of getting their truck dirty.