SOUTHFIELD, MICH (WXYZ) — Healthy treats for your summer fun.
Fresh Cherry Bombs
· Fresh cherries, clean and dried, preferably with stems
· Meltable white chocolate chips
· Blue sprinkles
1. Melt white chocolate chips per directions.
2. Dip half of cherry into white chocolate and then gently dip the bottom into blue sprinkles. Place onto wax paper or parchment paper.
3. Serve immediately.
Grilled Strawberry, Blueberry, Basil and Brie Pizza Crisps
· ½ pound recipe of naan bread
· ¼ cup olive oil
· 16 leaves basil chopped + divided
· 8-12 ounces brie sliced
· 1 ½ cups strawberries chopped
· ¾ cup blueberries
· ½ teaspoon pepper
For the Balsamic Honey Glaze:
· ½ cup balsamic vinegar
· 3 tablespoons honey
1. Prepare the dough 1-2 hours ahead of time.
2. While the dough rises make the honey balsamic glaze. Add the balsamic vinegar and honey to a small sauce pan and simmer until reduced by half. This should take about 10 to 15 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside until ready to use.
3. When ready to grill the pizzas, preheat the grill to high heat.
4. Add the blueberries to a bowl and add about half of the basil. Lightly mash the blueberries with a fork.
5. Invert a baking sheet and generously dust with flour.
6. Divide the naan bread dough in half and roll each half as thin as you can without ripping the dough. Cut the dough into 12 to 16 squares. Add olive oil to a small bowl and brush both sides of the dough with the olive oil and place on the baking sheet.
7. Add half the dough squares to the hot grill and grill for no more than 2 minutes. Remove the pizzas using tongs and repeat with the remaining squares. When all the pizzas are grilled, turn the heat on the grill down to medium.
8. Top the grilled side of each of the pizzas with lightly mashed blueberries in the left-hand corner of the pizza, and then add strawberries and brie in rows on the pizza dough to create an American flag.
9. Carefully return the pizzas to the grill and grill another 3 to 5 minutes, or until the brie has melted and the pizzas are crisp
10. Top with the remaining fresh basil and drizzle on the honey balsamic glaze.
Red, White and Blueberry Frozen Pops
. Coconut water
· 1 container raspberries
· 1 container blueberries
· Drop berries into frozen pop molds
· Pour the coconut water mixture over the berries to fill the mold. Insert wooden sticks.
· Cover and place in freezer for a few hours.
· To remove, let mold sit at room temperature for a couple minutes or briefly run the sides under warm water.
· Serve and enjoy!