ROYAL OAK, MICH (WXYZ) — Royal Oak Restaurant Week returns Friday, March 1 through Sunday, March 10, 2019!
Enjoy 3 Course lunch and dinner menus from downtown Royal Oak’s top restaurants for $15-35 per person.
Participating restaurants include:
Ale Mary’s Beer Hall
Diamonds Steak and Seafood
Jim Brady’s Detroit
Jolly Pumpkin Taphouse & Brewery
Lily’s Seafood Grill & Brewery
Mesa Tacos & Tequila
Mr. B’s Gastropub
Oak City Grille
The Rock on 3rd
Royal Oak Brewery
Royal Oak Taphouse
Toms Oyster Bar
Trattoria da Luigi
For more information, visit http://www.dineroyaloak.org/about/
Recipe for Vegan Coconut Curry Tomato Soup below
· 1 cup diced carrots (about 3 peeled)· 1 cup diced celery (about 4)
· 2 cups diced onions (about 2 or 3)
· ¼ cup chopped garlic
· 1 T olive oil
· 2 cans (28oz.) diced tomatoes with juice
· 1 can (13oz.) coconut milk
· 2 cups frozen sweet corn
1 tsp curry more or less to taste)
· 1 T freshly ground ginger
· 1 T chopped cilantro
· juice of one lime
· salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat large stock pot over medium heat.
2. Add olive oil followed by carrots, celery, onions, and curry powder.
3. Sauté for a few minutes, stirring periodically.
4. Add garlic and cook until vegetables have softened.
5. Add canned tomatoes and allow to simmer for a half hour.
6. Finish with coconut milk, sweet corn, ginger, lime juice and cilantro.
7. Season to taste with salt and pep