Dozens of renters at Cherry Hills Club apartment complex are now forced to cope without heat.
"It’s not livable, it’s not right," said Dwight Sadler, who says it's been this way for 8 months.
He's currently using the stove to keep his family comfortable, especially for his mother, who’s unable to walk and 90 percent blind.
Others at the building are relying on space heaters and putting towels near the bottoms of front doors to keep the cold air out.
Neighbors told Channel 7 it's been this way since March— when a fire ripped through part of the complex and interrupted the boiler system.
But they’re starting to feel it more now, as the temperatures drop.
The building management has given each unit a space heater, but families say the response has fallen short.
They say management has neglected to properly care for the unbearable conditions -- saying it's taken them far too long to fix a problem that should have been fixed months ago.
Channel 7 made repeated attempts to speak to the management company, but they have yet to respond. 7's Taking Action team will stay on top of it until there is resolve.