As kids go back to school this week, we are giving parents the best tips for kids to make healthy choices in the cafeteria.
The folks from Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan joined 7 Action News to give us the best tips to make healthy choices.
- Talk about it: Explain to your child about a balanced diet
- Plan ahead: Review the lunch menu
- Lead the way: Make healthy choices as a parent
- Arrange a visit: Have lunch once with your child in the cafeteria
- Keep it up at home: Continue to make healthy choices at home after school
- Make it fun: Make games out of eating healthy.