Man shocked by low hanging wire on Detroit's west side

Posted at 8:58 PM, May 11, 2017
and last updated 2017-05-11 23:14:32-04

A man is being treated after being shocked at a home on Detroit's west side.

Officials say the man made contact with a service wire that connects the utility poes to the house. The pole was apparently damaged in the March windstorm.

DTE says they came out April 7 to make temporary repairs and to fix the wire.

It is not clear if any other repairs were made, or if the wires were hanging low again. Permanent repairs were scheduled for next week.

The man did not suffer any burns or major injuries and was taken to the hospital as a precaution.

DTE says they will repair the poll again tomorrow.