NewsRegionOakland County


1-year-old boy recovering from burns after firework malfunctioned in Pontiac

Teen loses leg, fingers after fireworks mishap
Posted at 5:54 AM, Jul 06, 2020
and last updated 2020-07-06 05:54:21-04

PONTIAC, Mich. (WXYZ) — A 1-year-old boy suffered second and third-degree burns after a firework malfunctioned in Pontiac.

The Oakland County Sheriff's office says on Friday night, deputies responded to the 400 block of Second Avenue and were informed by family members that fireworks had been ignited in the street.

One firework appeared to malfunction and propelled towards the residence where the child was sitting on the porch, striking him on the neck and chest.

He was transported to Beaumont Hospital in Royal Oak and was listed in serious but stable condition.