Officials in Inkster are trying to determine why a home exploded and caught fire Tuesday night.
It was a very close call for an Inkster woman after her home exploded setting off a massive fire.
An Inkster woman was able to escape after an explosion sparked a fire that destroyed her home
INKSTER, Mich. (WXYZ) - It was a very close call for an Inkster woman after her home exploded setting off a massive fire.
The only person inside the home made it out alive, without serious injury.
The Inkster fire department says this could have been a tragic.
At 4:30pm, it's normally quiet on Dartmouth Street, but Tuesday neighbors heard something loud coming from across the street.
Cell phone video captures the moments the home was engulfed in flames.
Miguel Torres was across the street doing repairs on his home.
“Ran over there tried to turn off the fire where the front room was at,” he says.
Then he ran to the back of the house.
“The gas was just hitting the wall and when I seen the wall creeping and moving and I seen how it was traveling I hurried up and ran out,” he says.
Flames shot out of the window raging 15 feet in the air, destroying everything inside.
The Inkster fire department tells me they believe the cause of the fire is a natural gas explosion.
The fire marshal will be back out here Wednesday morning looking through the rubble and looking closely at the home’s appliances to see where and how this fire started.
Like Us. We Like You.
Get local stories delivered directly to your newsfeed.
We're on Roku.
Stream local news, whenever you want.
Download the app today and get up to date info on the go.