(WXYZ) — It's going to be another warm weekend across metro Detroit and the state and people will be flocking to the beach, but seven Michigan beaches are closed because of high bacteria levels.
According to the Michigan Department of Environmental Quality, two of the beaches are in metro Detroit, and the closed beaches are spread across the state.
The beaches that are closed include (Metro Detroit counties are bolded):
– Reed Lake - Reed Lake Property Owners in Oakland County
– White Lake - Maple Park in Muskegon County
– Lake Superior - Lighthouse Overlook in Keweenaw County
– Lake Superior - Copper Harbor - West Lagoon in Keweenaw County
– Wolverline Lake - Spring Lake Hights in Oakland County
– Saginaw Bay - Lake Huron - Singing Bridge Beach in Arenac County
– Lake Michigan - Memorial Beach in Menominee County